Zeppy Attashian, Attorney at Law
Facebook Twitter Google Plus (559) 900-1223
Fresno Divorce Attorney Attorney Profile Frequently Asked Questions Areas Of Practice Contact Us
Find out about the importance of pre-divorce planning. We can help you to minimize the costs of divorce We work to see that you receive proper guidance throughout the process of your case.
Contact Us
Areas of Practice
Child Custody
Enforcement of Child Custody
Modification of Child Custody
Child Support
Child Visitation
Collaborative Law
Domestic Partnerships
Grandparents' Rights
Legal Separation
Modification of Spousal Support
Pre / Postnuptial Agreements
Restraining Orders
Spousal Support

Modification of Child Custody in Fresno, CA

Modifying Your Child Custody Orders

When married couples who have children get divorced, they have to come to agreements and obtain court orders concerning child custody. Oftentimes, these court orders need to be changed later on due to changes that occur in the lives of the parents and/or their children. In the state of California, parents get the opportunity to make new custody agreements every 2 ½ to 3 years. However, if the parents are not able to agree to new terms, they will have to petition for a child custody modification with the family court. The same process can be used for making changes to visitation arrangements. The court will only grant a modification if there is a major change circumstance since the last order was issued and if the proposed modification is considered to be in the child's best interests.

Are you looking to get your custody order modified in Fresno, California? If so, you should immediately consult with a skilled Fresno lawyer. At my law firm, the Law Office of Zeppy Attashian, PC. , I can guide you through the steps of petitioning for a modification. I can also help you effectively present your case before the court so that you can increase your chances of success. It is my goal to help you protect the best interests of your children!

Reasons for Changing a Child Custody Order

There are many reasons that parents might petition to have their custody orders modified. Some of those reasons may be related to a change in a parent's employment situation, a need to live in a different geographic location, a change in the child's educational or medical needs, etc. In some cases, one parent might fight for primary or full custody with the argument that the other parent is not properly caring for the child or is placing the child in some type of danger. When parents petition for modifications, they must fill out the appropriate paperwork and have the other parent served with the court papers. The parents will sometimes be required to go through mediation before appearing in court.

Whether you are seeking a modification or you are trying to prevent one from occurring, it is vital that you get help from a trained legal professional.

Contact my firm for high-quality legal representation!